Burger Bash ” New Ideas For Your Burgers !!
Break out of the ketchup, mustard and pickle routine to create your own signature burgers. Choose from one of these selections or get creative and whip up a burger of your own. Use our timetable for grilling for basic cooking directions. There’s no end to the world of burgers you can create at home!
1. Caprese Burgers: Mix equal parts mayonnaise and basil pesto (make it yourself or buy it), and spread on split Italian rolls. Top grilled ground beef patties with thick slices of fresh mozzarella cheese and sliced tomatoes; sprinkle with coarse ground pepper.
2. Chicago Burgers: Sprinkle 1 pound ground beef with celery salt. Shape into patties and grill. Place on poppy seed buns and top with yellow mustard, sweet pickle relish, chopped onions, tomato wedges and jarred green sport peppers (made famous on Chicago-style hot dogs). If sport peppers are hard to find, substitute with banana pepper rings.
3. Bavarian-Style Burgers: Spread a thin layer of hot sweet mustard on split onion buns. Top grilled ground beef patties with Emmentaler cheese slices after turning. Place on buns and top with Caramelized Onions.
4. Turkey Reuben Burgers: Spread toasted rye bread or buns with Thousand Island dressing. Top grilled ground turkey patties with Swiss cheese slices after turning. Place on toasted bread slices or buns and top with well-drained sauerkraut. Serve with additional dressing if desired.
5. Hawaiian Burgers: Top grilled ground beef patties with mozzarella cheese slices after turning. Place on buns and top with smoky barbecue sauce on grilled pineapple slices.
6. Chicken Avocado BLT Burgers: Spread thin layer of mayonnaise on buns. Top grilled ground chicken patties with sliced avocado, crisp bacon, lettuce leaves and tomato slices.
7. Tex-Mex Burgers: Sprinkle 1 pound ground beef with 1 ounce package fajita seasoning mix and ¼ cup finely chopped onion. Shape into patties and grill. Place on buns and top with guacamole and salsa.
8. Pepper Jack-Jalapeño Burgers: Spread thin layer of chipotle mayonnaise on buns. Top grilled ground beef patties with pepper jack cheese slices after turning. Place on buns and top with well-drained sliced pickled jalapeno peppers.
Posted on June 1, 2013, in Food, Recipes and tagged crisp bacon, ground beef patties, pineapple slices, sweet pickle relish, swiss cheese slices, turkey reuben. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.