Recipe: Mini Whoopie Pies
Relish the cream cheese filling between the sandwich cookies baked with Love
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Red food color
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line large cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, beat 2 tablespoons butter and the granulated sugar with electric mixer on low speed until well blended and sandy in texture. Add remaining cookie ingredients except food colors. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until smooth.
- Stir food color into batter as desired to create bright red color. Stir until well blended. Spoon batter into resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut 1/4 inch off corner of each bag. Onto cookie sheets, squeeze bag of batter gently to make about 100 1/2-inch circles of dough (about 1/4 teaspoon each), about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool 2 minutes. Gently remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks; cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until well mixed. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating on low speed until incorporated. Increase speed to medium; beat about 1 minute or until smooth.
- For each whoopie pie, spread about 1/2 teaspoon filling on bottom of 1 cookie; place second cookie, bottom side down, on filling. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Posted on March 26, 2013, in Recipes. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.