Recipe: Caramel Surprise Cake.
Surprise! Rich & Creamy frosting tops an easy cake that has yummy pockets of caramel.
- 1 box any white cake mix
- Milk, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 3/4 cup caramel topping
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
- 2 small red apples, cut into total of 12 wedges
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan).
- 2 Make cake as directed on box for 13×9-inch pan; cool 15 minutes. Poke holes halfway into cake every 2 inches, using handle of wooden spoon; evenly pour 3/4 cup caramel topping over holes. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Spread frosting evenly over cake.
- 3 Dip cut edges of apple wedges into orange juice to prevent browning; slightly pat dry. Dip uncut edges into 1/4 cup caramel topping; roll in nuts. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, place an apple wedge on each serving of cake. Store cake loosely covered; cover and refrigerate any remaining apple wedges.
Posted on November 8, 2012, in Recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.