White and dark chocolate bars are “key” to decorating this piano cake baked from an easy mix, it’s so easy your going to laugh at the end & your friends and family will think that you are an AMAZING COOK! haha
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® cake mix (any flavor*)
- Milk, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- Tray or cardboard (15×12 inches) ( Rectangular Shaped), covered with wrapping paper and plastic food wrap or foil
- 2 of bars white chocolate
- 1 of milk chocolate
- 1 1/2 containers Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting or simply use any whipping chocolate cream
- Heat oven to 350°F . Make cake as directed on box for rectangular pan. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. For easier handling, refrigerate or freeze cake 30 to 60 minutes or until firm.
- Use serrated knife to cut cake as shown in diagram (for piano bench, cut a little of the cake ; cut horizontally in half to make bench lower than piano, if desired). Place cake on tray. Place about 2 tablespoons frosting in small resealable food-storage plastic bag. Frost cake with thin layer of frosting to set crumbs. Refrigerate or freeze 30 to 60 minutes to set frosting. Frost entire cake.
- Cut 1 bar white chocolate into . From remaining bar, piece for music. Cut milk chocolate into . Place white and milk chocolate pieces on cake for piano keys. Cut off tiny corner of bag with frosting; pipe frosting notes on white chocolate “music.” Place above keys. Store loosely covered.